Monday, March 28, 2011

Pausing to take stock

Okay. I had a good kick in the ass yesterday. The end of a friendship sincerely knocked me on my ass. Sometimes the people you think have your back are the ones who end up shoving you down the stairs. I'm here to say that I've pulled myself up and dusted myself off. I'm giving a heavy shrug and an "oh well" to this issue and moving forward.

Sometimes it's good to count your blessings.

Some of mine?

I have a handful of close relationships that mean the world to me and I'm learning to
cherish them more every day.

I landed two stellar jobs and start as a junior at an incredible private university in August.

I'm attractive to the opposite sex. Not a fat fuck on the road to a heart attack because everything I eat is either microwaved or from a fast food place.

I have a killer boyfriend who will stick with me through anything and let me come to him with any issue to work through. He loves me unconditionally, what more could I ask from him?

Yeah, when you look at it, it would appear I have pretty much everything a twenty something girl living in Chicago could possibly want or need.

And it keeps getting better.

No comments: