Thursday, February 10, 2011

My art history teacher drives me crazy. She laughs. In the middle of her sentence it's like all of a sudden she decided what she's saying is funny, and she laughs through the rest of whatever she was saying. It pisses me off like none other. Why are the great artists of the past funny? Why are beautiful works of art, be it christian or biblical, funny? Oh.Wait. They AREN'T.

We should be in awe of these great works. We should have passion and be compelled to discuss them further, burst into tears while looking at them, but don't laugh. Please...

Yoga has been good. My teacher said i'm hyperflexable...awesome...as a woman..hearing that was really great.

I'm feeling less depressed. Getting up and moving around has helped a lot. I feel like I have a date with happiness, this saturday Alex is driving down and we're going to the interpol show...and I'm just hoping I can get my apartment clean and my mood up in time. Stock the house with a bit of food too maybe..rustle up some money for a drink or two at the show.

I miss you. I wish you were here to see a movie with me or eat food. I wish I could talk with you in person. It's funny because people spend so much of their time talking looking into the middle distance or out a window or something...we don't make eye contact enough.

Mike and I are going to have asian helper for dinner, and then I have work. Hopefully I can get a nap in before then...also a workout after yoga. Still having the weird dreams. Hmm..maybe I should start a dream journal...

No comments: