Saturday, February 26, 2011

Living my own fairy tale..

For anyone who doesn't already know, Mike works nights. Sometimes there are weeks in a row where he's at work during the night, and I have to choose to either not sleep, or sleep alone. It's never easy, because there really is nothing like sleeping next him.

A lot of the time I choose to watch sappy romance movies in order to feel closer to him. Anything goes, from "The notebook" to "P.S I love you" the result of which is always me crying in my apartment alone, missing him.

It might seem completely ridiculous or pathetic to you, but that's just me. My story is just as deep and affectionate as any movie I could watch, but it has the added bonus of being mine oh mine.

There was this early summer evening years ago where Mike and I stumbled upon a stage in the middle of grant park. It was a big black stage that some sort of band must have been using earlier that day or something. We had it all to ourselves, and we sat there and interviewed each other. It was a moment where I found myself losing track of time, all I wanted to do was be with him.

All I ever want is to appreciate being with him. Sometimes we're together and don't say anything at all, sometimes we can't stop talking. I wish we would talk more currently, I know we have the same goals and dreams...it would be nicer if we could work together to achieve them.

No comments: