Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Thought I would take some time to write a real blog.

My dad is supposed to be here in chicago all week. I called him yesterday, but he still hasn't called. How hard is it to call? Even if it's just to say he's too busy to do something.

The whole thing pisses me off because I know he'll play the "you never called me" card.

I still need to make an appointment at Loyola. I'm gearing myself up for that.

I was thinking of putting together a small Salon at my house with 10 or so people and some drinks and food. Just an evening to talk with each other, maybe pass around a bowl of ice breaker questions. Could be fun to have some people together at least once this winter. Lady A used to throw these types of parties, and I find myself missing them greatly. Bars are okay, but nothing like having the quiet relaxed atmosphere of a living room with candles lit and good conversation.

I feel a lot like the song "Firework" by Katy Perry at this point in my life.

No comments: