Saturday, June 04, 2011

When there's a burning in your heart..don't be alarmed.

Mike is on a camping trip with his father and cousins, and I am alone for the weekend.

It's Saturday, and my mother slept over last night. Partially because I'm ill, and partially because I don't know how to be alone. That is something I would like to work on tonight and tomorrow. Being comfortable being alone with myself. I'm detached from who I am and I would like to reconnect with myself.

I want to get a handle of the things I want out of life currently. Make a list of things I want to do this summer and goals I have for the immediate future.

I'm a little nervous to spend time with myself.

So many ways to experience life, and one of my favorite ways has always been through music. A band that has always helped me experience life this way is Death Cab for Cutie.

"When there's a burning in your heart
An endless fury in your heart
Build it bigger than the Sun
Let it grow"

No comments: