Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Music is the poetry of the air..

Met with my boss today, picked up my hand held work computer, and had lunch while she walked me through a bunch of stuff. It all still seems a little foreign, but I'm sure I'll pick it up fast.

Tomorrow starts the first of the 10 day workout stretch. I'm a little nervous it's going to wear me out and wear me down, but I know that now is the time.

This will be good to help me prepare for the breast cancer walk I'm doing with my mother, closer to summer. It's only a 3 mile, but it still means a lot to me. I'm walking for my Aunt who is currently going through her second battle with breast cancer. My mother is walking to remember her friend Christine who died of cancer.

I have to do my taxes this weekend. I'm hoping to make a thing of it, me mike and my mom all around the table at my grandma's..that's how we did it last year. Maybe I'll take more of an active interest in learning what exactly I'm doing.

It also looks like I'll be visiting Anna in Michigan sometime in May. I'm really excited about that mini vacation and about spending quality time with some girls. It will be nice to not have to deal with boy drama...even though I never thought I'd have to put those two words together hahaha

All of a sudden I remembered this moment with Sam...we were sitting outside at grant park watching the Muse concert, they were singing starlight, and she helped me stand up off the slippery grass. It was raining lightly but went really well with the song.

I will never forget those three days. What fun it was and how young we were.

I think I want to go to Lollapalooza this year..wear cute dresses, sit on the grass..maybe smoke some as well..and just listen to the music. That sounds like a dream.

No comments: